A meeting of the Dixie Division Board of Directors took place on September 13, 2014 at the Sandy Plains Baptist Church, 2825 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, during the Terminus Chapter Train Show. The meeting began at 12 Noon. Present were:
William R. (Bob) Keller, Dixie Division President
Don Webb, Dixie Division Secretary
George Baltz, Dixie Division Treasurer
Bill Stitt, Dixie Division Past-President
Arno Baars, Terminus Chapter President
John Carden, Volunteer State Chapter President
Dave Rodgers, Director
Alan Evans, Director
As the first order of business, Bob Keller asked if there were any corrections or additions to the March 1, 2014 Minutes of the previous board meeting. There being none, the minutes were approved unanimously.
George Baltz distributed a Treasurer’s Report dated September 13, 2014. The Treasurer showed a beginning balance of $4,643.78 with income of $2,539 and expenses of $2,377.81, and a closing balance of $4,804.97. That report was unanimously approved.
Reporting on Dixie Division merchandise remaining from the 2012 TCA National Convention, Bob Keller stated that the Division only had the following items:
1 banquet car
14 fundraiser cars
1 tote bag
no Chick-fil-A billboards
9 Chick-fil-A cars
6 L&N PS-1 boxcars
A discussion followed as to what to do with the remaining Convention Cars. The 2015 TCA National Convention Committee has requested a donation of cars from our Division for fundraising purposes. A motion was made and passed to donate one fundraiser car and one Chick-fil-A car to be used at their welcome party only.
A motion was made and passed to donate one 2012 TCA fundraiser car to each Dixie Division Chapter for their use at a future meet. A second motion was made and passed to sell up to three of the nine remaining Dixie fundraiser cars to each of the Dixie Division Chapters for $15 each.
A motion was made and passed to raffle the remaining banquet car at the November 1 Dixie Division Meet and to use the tote bag as a door prize at the November 1 Dixie Division Meet.
The Terminus Chapter plans to donate meals to Ronald McDonald House.
A motion was made and passed that the Division will donate $100 to that program.
President Keller announcements:
1. The Dixie Flyer will be sent by e-mail to Dixie Division members by October 15 rather than by mail.
2. A Dixie Division meet will be held November 1, 2014 at the Radisson Hotel in Marietta, Ga. The cost for table setups will be $500.
3. Website update: The individual who was going to update the website is no longer available. We are looking for someone who can perform this task for us at a reasonable cost. Any member who knows of someone who is skilled in this area should contact Bob Keller at 770-422-8932.
4. The Dixie Division membership in 2013 was approximately 680. At this time in 2014, the membership is at 604. It is believed that the reduction in membership that occurred in all but one division is due to the National dues increase.
5. A proposal was made to the national recruiting committee concerning new members. If a public attendee at a train meet joins the TCA during that meet, they will be awarded a $5.00 coupon to use at any table at THAT Meet. The Division will reimburse the Chapter for that coupon and National will reimburse the Division for that coupon.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at approximately 1:05 PM.
Don Webb, Division Secretary